By Jennifer Chandler
Excerpted from Simply Grilling by Jennifer Chandler
Photo by Justin Fox Burks. Food Styling by Jennifer Chandler.
This easy summer side dish is a great addition to any backyard barbecue. I like to make the colorful and chilled side dish ahead so I am free to enjoy time with my guests.
Grilled Corn and Green Bean Salad
- Vegetable oil, for the grates
- 4 large ears corn, shucked
- 2 Tbsp. butter, softened
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed, boiled until crisp-tender and cooled
- 1 ½ cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion (1/2 small onion)
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
Preheat a clean grill to medium-high with the lid closed for 8 to 10 minutes. Lightly brush the grates with oil.
Brush the corn with the butter. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Place the corn on the grill. Close the lid and cook the corn, turning occasionally, until just tender and slightly charred on all sides, 8 to 10 minutes total. Transfer the corn to a cutting board to cool.
When the corn is cool enough to handle, use a sharp knife to carefully slice the kernels off the cob; discard the cob. Place the kernels in a large bowl. Add the beans, tomatoes and onion.
In a small bowl whisk together the mustard, vinegar and oil until well combined.
Add the dressing to the vegetables and toss to coat. Add the goat cheese and toss. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serves 4 to 6.