Text and photo by Brad PittsFor these dog days of summer in the South an Icepick always hits the spot. It’s a simple drink to make as it only requires vodka and iced tea and most people have the basic ingredients already in their cabinet at home. Cool and refreshing, this cocktail gets a little kick from the new Old Dominick Honeybell Citrus Vodka made here in Memphis and light herbal notes and dryness from the Italian Aperitivo and the Elderflower tonic. This combination with the tea and lemon is the perfect summer beverage.
- 1.5 oz. Old Dominick Honeybell Citrus Vodka
- 1/2 oz. Peychaud’s Aperitivo
- 1/2 oz. Jack Rudy Elderflower Tonic Syrup
- Fresh brewed iced tea
- Lemon Wheel
- Combine Vodka, Aperitivo, and syrup in a large glass with ice.
- Top with unsweetened iced tea and stir until blended.
- Add a lemon wheel for garnish and straw.